Die Künstlerin über sich
Born in 1981
Iwona Zawadzka is a graduate of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts with a degree in painting. She was studying in Prof Wiesław Szamborski’s studio.
– A diploma awarded by the President of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts.
– Annexe to the diploma in Prof Edward Tarkowski’s studio (a mural painting).
– A master’s thesis entitled About painting under Doctor Anna Lewicka- Morawska.
– Pedagogical School in Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts.
Since 2006 she has been an active member of the Cultural Animation Association Meuma’lo – East Studio.
2013 – Intricacy, MiTo, Warsaw
2011 – Three Scenes, Baltic Art Gallery, Słupsk
– Meanings, BWA, Sandomierz
2010 – Abstractions, Festival Experyment, Zbąszyń
– Scenes II, Galeria Podlaska, Biała Podlaska
2009 – To the Side, Agriculture Museum , Ciechanowiec ( the exhibition accompanying the 5th Symposium on Polish Culture )
– Scenes, Cafe Kulturalna, Drama Theatre, Warsaw
– To the Side, Art Salon 49, Warsaw
2008 – Exhibition of painting, Smolna Center, Warsaw
– Six and a Half, The Promotional Gallery, Warsaw
2007 – Looking for myself , Sanofi-Aventis, Warsaw
– Exhibition of painting, Art Gallery of Katarzyna Napiórkowska, Warsaw
2006 – Postgraduate exhibition of paintings, Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts
2013 – Creative way, The Gallery of Art in Legnica
2012 – Open, Professor wiesław Szamborski and graduates, Gallery -1, Olympic center, Warsaw
– Artists from East Studio, Bochenska Gallery, Warsaw
2011 – Polish Biennale of Young Art Rybie Oko 6, Baltic Gallery of Contemporary Art, Słupsk
– The post-workshop exhibition of International Plein Air Mark Rothko 2011 , Daugavpils Museum of Regional Studies and Art, Daugavpils
– Warsaw painted, Galerie Beletage, Berlin
2008 – 36,6° C, Kantor, Żyrardów
– The post-workshop exhibition of The 7th International Art Workshop – Pienkow2008, the Main Aula of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
– Vernissage, The Affordable Art Fair, Amsterdam
– The human project , East Studio, Warsaw
– The Summer Salon, The Promotional Gallery, Warsaw
2007 – 17. Polish Young Paintings Review Promotions 06/07, The Gallery of Art in Legnica
– Vernissage, The Affordable Art Fair, London
– The Door, Studio Gallery, Warsaw
– The Door, Art Gallery in Płock, Płock
– The Deer in Rutting, East Studio, Warsaw
– Vernissage, The Affordable Art Fair, New York City
– The Door, a City Theatre In Landsberg, Germany
2006 – Exhibition of paintings at the 4th Warsaw Art Fair (Europejski Hotel), Warsaw
– Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts diploma 2006, U Gallery, Warsaw
– Postgraduate exhibition of paintings, Studio Gallery, Warsaw
2005 – Exhibition of paintings, Ericsson’s Art Gallery, Warsaw
– Exhibition of the Artistic Fabric, Ursynów Community Centre, Warsaw
2002 – Exhibition of the Drawings, Presidential Gallery, Warsaw (2nd place)
Distinctions and awards:
2011 – Winner of International Plein Air Mark Rothko 2011
2010 – Winner of individual exhibition on Festival Experyment 2010
2006 – An award funded by Agnieszka and Paweł Gieryński.
– Award given by the Franciszka Eibisch Foundation for the painting competition
– Award for the best 2006 diploma from painting at the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts funded by Ewa Tomaszewska (Senator of the Republic of Poland)
2006 – Award for the diploma given by the President of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts
2002 – The second place at the drawing competition at the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts